Friday, August 15, 2008

BYOTP- Bring Your Own Toilet Paper

¡Hola! I have now mastered using accents, the upside down question marks, and exclamation points on my computer, very exciting. Today I turned in my first essay and had a pretty intense midterm. TGIF, I'm done with the terrifying stick shift autobuses, university bathrooms that lack toilet paper, and long-winded presentations! At least for this week. 
Ever since I returned from Arkansas things have been pretty hectic. I didn't seem to miss that much during my trip other than illness. In addition to a couple outbreaks of food posioning two students were really ill and ended up going to the hospital Monday. Both are doing fine now but one of them actually had typhoid and decided to go home so our merry bunch is short one :(which when you only have 9 in a class and 22 overall is quite a loss. Wednesday I had a presentation about Mexican weddings, my partner and I each had to talk for 8 minutes so if you have any questions on the topic, I probably have an answer. The weather has been milder, at least temperature wise, than when I first arrived with thunderstorms in the evenings after really nice, warm days. These thunderstorms are unlike anything I've ever experienced. Tuesday night I swear the thunder and lightening was right in my neighborhood. 
Tomorrow morning we leave for D.F. for the weekend and I will finally get to see the pyramids in Teotihuacan! Until I return to Querétaro.
Love,
Cara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey. Typhoid, that will set your parents hearts a racing. Don't you love the thunderstorms! Going over to your parents today. The yard looks terrific! Take care!
L,E