Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Trying to do it all


After returning from a wonderful trip to London and Paris with the 3 most amazing women I know (to be further detailed later) I suddenly realized I have only weeks left here in Scotland!
Getting back into the swing of Parliament especially now that I've begun working on my paper (I have to write a 15-20 page report for the International Studies Program so that when I return they'll give me credit, yay!) and have started working on an extensive briefing on New Media for Anne.
However, there are 8 hours in a day and sometimes one just needs a break, like yesterday when I created the above piece of "art" on Paint. It's an interpretive view of the rest of the Parliament complex from my window, I'll take a picture of my actual view to show the contrast ;-)
Now, trying to do it all. Here is my current list of all the things I'd like to do before I go:

- Eat a Scottish Breakfast

- Climb Arthur's Seat

- Go to the waterfront in Leith

- Watch a sunset from Calton Hill

- Have a pie from the pie shop at the end of my street that never seems to be open

- Have fish and chips at The World's End

- Run through the Meadows

- Visit South Queensferry

- Go into a kilt-shop and buy a Ladies' kilt aka a skirt

- Go into St. Mary's Close

- Have a French Martini on George's Street

- Play/buy a Bodhran (Irish Drum)

- See a Pictish Stone

- Go whisky shopping

Now that may seem like quite the list but I believe its all totally doable! Or at least totally tryable!

Until I have tales from London and photos from Paris ready to go,

Cara

No comments: